Matthew L. Rizzi, Jr.
Attorney at Law
Insurance companies do not have your best interest at heart. An injured person is pitted against insurance companies with far more resources, money, and tools at their disposal to try to minimize, if not totally defeat an injured person’s claim. I advocate against insurance companies on behalf of my clients to level this playing field, to be a voice for what my clients have suffered and endured, and to ultimately achieve what is fair and just to compensate my clients for their injuries.
Practicing personal injury law is a true “David v. Goliath,” battle. I have spent nearly the entirety of my legal career representing people injured by the wrongful or negligent conduct of another. I believe I am on the right side of this battle, representing people.
United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2013
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2013
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. – May, 2006
- Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
- Bachelors of Arts- May, 2003
- Moderator, Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention Trucking Safety Section Seminar, 2021.
- Speaker, Summit County Association of Justice-Discovery in Trucking Cases, 2020.
- Speaker, Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention-Trucking Safety Section, 2019.
- Speaker, Summit County Association of Justice-Invited to Speak about an $862,000.00 Summit County Jury Verdict, 2018.
- Writer, Ohio Association for Justice Trucking Section Quarterly Newsletter, April 2018.
- “Finding Additional Insurance with the Lone Wolf Trucking Carrier.”
- Writer, Ohio Association for Justice Trucking Section Quarterly Newsletter, April, 2015.
- “Precision Discovery Strikes: Using Requests for Admissions in Trucking Cases to Subdue Your Opponent.”
- Speaker, Ohio Association for Justice Insurance Law Seminar, 2014.
- Public Comment Published on Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Consideration of Rulemaking to Increase the Minimum Levels of Financial Responsibility for Commercial Motor Carriers (2015):
- Quoted in Cleveland.com article “Trial Lawyers vs. Truckers: A Feud Over Trucks, Crashes, Insurance and Devastation” (2015):
- Quoted in Cleveland.com article “Woman Struck By Car, Lands On Hood — Ruled an ‘Occupant’ of the Car in Appeals Court in Favoring Victim” (2013):
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Summit County Association for Justice, Member 2012-Present.
- Vice President of the Summit County Association for Justice.
- Former Secretary, Treasurer, and Board Member of the Summit County Association for Justice.
- Section Chair for the Trucking Safety section of the Ohio Association for Justice.
- Former Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Board Member of the Trucking Safety Section of the Ohio Association for Justice.
- Ohio Association for Justice, 2012 – Present.
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2006 – Present.