1. Call the police.
2. If you suspect any injuries, be transported by EMS to the hospital.
3. Get the contact number for any witnesses. Don’t rely on the police because they don’t always
4. Take photographs.
5. Don’t move your vehicle.
6. Give the hospital your health insurance information not your auto insurance information nor
the auto insurer for the other driver.
7. Follow up with your primary care physician.
8. Keep a copy of all paperwork, contact information, claim numbers, receipts or other
information you come across in the process.
9. Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance company. Tell them that they may
contact your lawyer to discuss statements.